Skip to main content
Human Services AAS
- Perform professional responsibilities in accordance with the values, ethical and legal standards of the human services profession.
- Plan appropriate services or intervention strategies for client service needs.
- Evaluate the outcomes of client services.
- Describe appropriate interventions for individuals, families or groups of clients utilizing principles of evidence-based practice for direct care services.
- Choose culturally responsive strategies utilized to strengthen professional practice and enhance service outcomes.
- Write proper documentation in case notes or files.
Addictions Counseling Certificate
- Administer accurate screenings and assessments of substance use disorders using applicable diagnostic and placement criteria.
- Use evidence-based strategies to counsel in group, individual or family sessions.
Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certificate
- Explain the ethical and legal requirements applicable to the delivery of services in a variety of practices and settings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the core functions for Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CADC) identified by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association.
- Apply ethical principles to make decisions regarding client care and service delivery.