Easily Transfer Your College Credit

As a community college, Waubonsee is known for helping students earn college credits that easily transfer onto other colleges and universities. But did you know you can also transfer college credit into community colleges like Waubonsee? It's easy and often helps you earn a degree or certificate in less time and with less tuition to pay! 

Basically, if you have attended and earned credit at previous colleges or universities, you follow the same enrollment process as new students, with the one additional step of submitting your official transcripts to Registration and Records to be evaluated for transfer credit.

To view how your current credits from other schools may transfer into Waubonsee, please check out our Transfer Evaluation System (TES).



Submit our free New Student Application (NSA). It doesn’t mean you have to attend Waubonsee, but it gets the process started by assigning you a student ID/X-number. It also allows us to better communicate with you throughout the enrollment process.

Submit NSA

Submit Transcripts


Waubonsee will need official transcripts from all of your previous college(s) and universities. Have them sent to:

Registration and Records
Waubonsee Community College
Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive
Sugar Grove, IL

The Registration and Records office will evaluate your prior coursework and post applicable transfer credit as transcripts come in. You will receive an email from transfercredit@waubonsee.edu after each transcript has been evaluated. Please note, the evaluation can take up to four weeks.

In the meantime, you are free to complete any remaining steps, including meeting with an Academic and Career Advisor to get an unofficial transcript evaluation.

Find Financial Resources


If interested, apply for financial aid as soon as possible. Waubonsee also offers a variety of scholarships that don’t need to be paid back, but they do need to be applied for by the February deadline.

Get Placed Into the Right Courses

Placement Pencil

You’ll be placed into the right English and math courses based on your high school GPA, ACT/SAT scores, placement testing results or previous coursework.


Choose Courses and Register


Complete the online Pre-Registration Review (PRR) tutorial, found in mywcc, where you’ll learn to use your course placement info, the course catalog and course schedule to select and register for classes.

Note: PRR is very helpful, but so is our Academic and Career Advising team. Don’t be afraid to get some in-person expertise as you build your course schedule. 

Make a Payment


To hold your classes, make a tuition payment arrangement within one week of your registration.

  • Pay in full (required for less than $200)
  • Enroll in an interest-free payment plan
  • Provide a verified source (financial aid, scholarships, veterans benefits or employer/3rd party)

Attend New Student Orientation


Come meet new classmates as you learn about Waubonsee's campuses, resources and technology. You can also get help finalizing your course schedule. 

Get a Helping Hand

Hand Icon

The Academic and Career Advising team are the experts in helping you transfer credit into and out of Waubonsee. Any questions, contact them and they'll be happy to help!  

(630) 466-2361

Transfer Credit Information and Regulations

Credits to be considered for transfer must have been earned at a post-secondary institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission or other regionally accrediting agency with an earned grade of D or better in the course(s) involved. Credits to be considered for ENG 101 or ENG 102 must have an earned grade of C or better if pursuing a transfer degree.

A maximum of 45 semester hours of transfer credit can be applied to a degree. Transfer credit does not apply to the College's academic residency requirement, nor does it count in the grade point average. Credit will not be granted if a student has previously earned credit for an equivalent course at Waubonsee. No recording fee applies.

Transcripts from foreign colleges and universities must first be reviewed a foreign educational credentials services recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

Paramedic student

Programs with Special Requirements

In addition to these steps, our CNA, EMT, Fire Science, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy, Nursing and Massage Therapy Programs have additional requirements.