Let your accomplishments lead you to scholarship awards
Scholarships are awarded for a variety of achievements, including academic performance, community engagement and more. Scholarships are available to new and returning Waubonsee students from many sources, including the generous donors who support the Waubonsee Community College Foundation.
Each year, the Waubonsee Foundation offers more than 150 scholarships to new and returning students. The 2019-2020 Foundation Scholarships Application will be available from October 1, 2018 through February 4, 2019.
High school students who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and community service should apply for Waubonsee's prestigious Gustafson Scholarship.
Emergency Needs Scholarship Fund
The Emergency Needs Scholarship Fund is sponsored by the Waubonsee Community College Foundation and is designed to assist currently enrolled students who experience an unusual, unexpected or exceptional emergency that jeopardizes their financial ability to continue their academic studies. To see if you qualify for assistance through the Emergency Needs Scholarship Fund, view the program details in mywcc (requires X-number and password).
Several area agencies and organizations also offer scholarships to college students. The links that are provided below include information about each scholarship including application deadlines. Phone numbers are listed below for organizations that do not have websites.
- BCCR Scholarship
- Business Computer Skills
- Columbia College Chicago
- Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley
- Conservation Scholarship
- EarthMover Credit Union
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Hispanocare, Inc.
- Illinois Accounting (IAAI) Scholarship
- Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling
- Illinois Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Illinois Community College Faculty Association
- Illinois Hospital Research Foundation
- Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation (ILLCF)
- Illinois Retired Teachers Association
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)
- Kane County Farm Bureau Foundation
- Kendall County Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarship: (630) 553-7403
- Kendall County Republican Women
- Kendall-Grundy Community Service Scholarship: (630) 553-9100
- The National Bank & Trust Co of Sycamore (NB&T)
- Kendall County Association for Home and Community Education (630) 553-5823
- Markus Family Scholarship
- Northwestern Medicine
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (630) 466-0451 or (630) 709-7700
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Senior Homes (Middle of the page)
- Senior Guidance
- Soroptimist International of Suburban Chicago
- Spirited Pearls Foundation
- St. Charles Mother's Club
- Tammy Duckworth Internship Scholarship
- Trapp Law
- Two Rivers Head Start Agency
- Ups for DownS
- Vertex Resource Group
- Ward 2 Aurora Scholarship - contact Penny Falcon (630) 254-8291
- Zonta Club of St. Charles - Geneva- Batavia
Several websites offer free scholarship searches that allow students to find and apply for a variety of scholarships. These sites and the scholarships listed are not endorsed by Waubonsee.