What are the HEERF and the CARES, CRRSAA, and ARP Acts?
To serve students and ensure learning continues during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, institutions of higher education have been provided Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF):
- HEERF I authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (March 2020)
- HEERF II authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSAA) Act (December 2020)
- HEERF III authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act (March 2021)
The U.S. Department of Education has provided information and guidance on how those funds are to be used and distributed by colleges and universities, including its final rule on student eligibility to receive emergency financial aid grants under HEERF:
Students who are or were enrolled in an institution of higher education on or after March 13, 2020, the date of declaration of the COVID-19 national emergency, are eligible for emergency financial aid grants. (May 2021)
How is Waubonsee distributing the HEERF funding authorized by the CARES, CRRSAA, and ARP Acts?
To help both its students and the institution defray the expenses associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, Waubonsee has been allocated $10 million in HEERF student funding. Waubonsee is committing these funds to all students eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants based on the guidance provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
Waubonsee encourages you to continue your education and meet your academic goals.
Important HEERF Information
Waubonsee Community College has distributed HEERF emergency financial aid grants under the CARES, CRRSAA, and ARP Acts (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. As of June 30, 2022 (revised September 30, 2022), in total $10,048,399.46 in funds have been distributed directly to 4,432 students. Under the CARES Act, $1,599,366 in funds have been distributed directly to 2,717 students. Under the CRRSAA, $1,599,366 in funds have been distributed directly to 1,645 students. Under the ARP Act, $6,849,667.46 in funds have been distributed directly to 2,688 students.
Institutional Reporting (PDF)
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Four Report - June 2022 (Revised and Final)
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Four Report - June 2022
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Three Report - April 2022
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Two Report - January 2022
- HEERF/CARES Quarter One Report - October 2021 (Revised)
- HEERF/CARES Quarter One Report - October 2021
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Four Report – June 2021 (Revised)
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Four Report – June 2021
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Three Report – April 2021
- HEERF/CARES Quarter Two Report - January 2021
- HEERF/CARES Quarter One Report – October 2020