If you are an agency, counselor, or other students advocate wishing to refer a student to the Waubonsee Works, please complete the referral here.
Applying to the Waubonsee Works Program:
- Complete an interest form.
- Qualified applicants will be given a phone interview.
- Complete the New Student Information Form to receive an X-number (student ID number).
- Respond to every email sent from a Waubonsee Works staff member within 48 hours.
- Complete the WCC Works application, complete any required testing, and submit your eligibility documents to your case advisor.
- Obtain your Waubonsee Works Acceptance Email from your Waubonsee Works advisor. Follow the instructions outlined in the email.
Waubonsee Works Application Deadlines:
Students interested in taking summer courses must complete their application by March 15
Students interested in taking fall courses must complete their application by June 15
Students interested in taking spring courses must complete their application by November 15
- Complete your Waubonsee Works Questionnaire.
- Obtain a signed course approval form from your Waubonsee Works advisor.
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to review your course options and register for classes.
The Waubonsee Works Application includes:
- WIOA application (provided by WCC Works staff)
- Eligibility documents (license, social security card, birth certificate, high school diploma [other documents may be required])
- College placement test results
- Math and reading assessment (CASAS)
- Career assessment (MyNextMove or Career Coach)
- Applicant statement