Most spring 2020 courses start Jan. 21.

Learn more and apply

Getting Started Workshop

Information Symbol

This free one-hour session is the easiest way to learn about the whole enrollment process and get it kicked off by submitting a free New Student Information Form (NSIF). The NSIF serves as our application.

Reserve Your Spot

New Student Information Form (NSIF)


You can fill out the NSIF online anytime. It gets you a student ID (X-number) and allows us to better communicate with you throughout the enrollment process. Note that the NSIF is free and does not commit you to attending Waubonsee.

Begin Application

Find financial resources

Federal Financial Aid


To help make your college experience even more affordable, you should apply for financial aid as soon as possible. Federal financial aid includes grants, loans and work-study jobs, and requires the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, along with some additional Waubonsee forms. Note that part-time students are eligible for most financial aid, but certain short-term certificates do not qualify.

Apply for Financial Aid

Waubonsee Foundation Scholarships


Waubonsee also offers a variety of scholarships. Applications are due in February for the following academic year.

View Scholarship Opportunities

Get placed into the right courses

All new full-time students and those part-time students wanting to take an English or math course or receive financial aid need to go through the course placement process. You can satisfy this requirement using past work or through placement testing.

Using previous test scores or coursework

Icon Checklist Hand
  • Standardized testing (ACT, SAT, GED, HiSet)
    • ACT - minimum English and Reading score of 20 (for summer) or 19 (for fall); minimum math score of 22. Submit your ACT scores to Waubonsee now, or if you already have, please email
    • SAT - minimum Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 540 (for summer) or 480 (for fall); minimum math score of 550 (for summer) or 530 (for fall). Submit your SAT scores to Waubonsee now, or if you already have, please email
    • GED - minimum Reasoning Language Arts score of 165; minimum Math Reasoning score of 165. 
    • HiSet - minimum Language Arts - Writing and Reading score of 15 and 4 on essay; minimum math score of 15 
  • Placement testing at another college
  • Prior coursework

Course Placement Details

Taking the placement test(s) at Waubonsee

Placement Pencil

If you don’t have prior scores/courses or they are not high enough to place you into college-level, you can take the placement test(s) at any one of Waubonsee’s four campus locations.

Prepare for Placement Testing

Complete Electronic Registration and Planning (E-RAP)

One Hour = Ready to Register

Clock Icon

There is a lot to know about planning your first semester of college courses, but we try to make it easy by breaking down the basics in a one-hour online tutorial called Electronic Registration and Planning (E-RAP).

Required for full-time students and strongly recommended for part-timers, E-RAP guides you through using the college catalog and course schedule to build your first semester and beyond. It is accessible via the mywcc student portal.  

Once you complete E-RAP, you’ll be ready to register for courses on your own, but it’s also a great time to meet with an Admissions Advisor just to make sure you’re taking the courses that are best for you and your goals.

Access E-RAP in mywcc*

*Requires X-number and password (originally set as MMDDYY)

Register for classes

This is it — time to register for classes!


The easiest way to do it is online through the mywcc student portal. But don’t forget -- If you have any questions about what courses to take or how to add them to your first-semester schedule, please contact an Admissions Advisor. They’re happy to help!

Get step-by-step registration instructions

Make a payment

Payment is due at the time of registration.


Payments can be made online, at any of our four campuses, by mail or by fax. If payment is not received at the time of registration, you will be dropped from your courses.  If your tuition and fees total is more than $200, you can opt into a convenient payment plan.

Costs and Payments

Attend New Student Orientation

Support for a Successful Start

Hand Icon

Time to meet new classmates; learn about Waubonsee's campuses, resources and technology; and get help finalizing your course schedule at New Student Orientation (NSO)!

Once you register for courses, you will be assigned an NSO session. Check your email and snail mail for complete details.

Learn more about New Student Orientation

Attend classes and start using your resources!

Accelerated courses start Sept. 16 and Oct. 14.


Be sure to check your schedule and make sure you know when and where your classes meet. Once on campus, you’ll have access to free resources like tutoring, counseling, career exploration and more.

Explore Student Resources

Any questions? Call Admissions at (630) 466-5756

Need more information or want to contact us?

Request Info

Always Here to Help


(630) 466-5756
Sugar Grove
Sugar Grove Exterior Student Center

Student Center, Second Floor

8 a.m. - 7 p.m., M-W
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Th-F

Aurora Downtown
Main Entrance of Aurora Downtown Campus

Student Services Suite, First Floor

8 a.m. - 7 p.m., M-W
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Th-F

Aurora Fox Valley
Aurora Fox building summer S

Student Services Suite, Second Floor

8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., T
10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., W
and by appointment.

Plano Sign outside of building summer grasses S

Student Services Suite, First Floor

8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M, W, Th
11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., T
8 a.m. - Noon, F

Paramedic students

Programs with Special Requirements

In addition to these steps, our CNA, EMT, Fire Science, Health Care Interpreting, Interpreter Training, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy, Nursing, Surgical Technology and Therapeutic Massage Programs have additional requirements.

Other Types of Credit Students

If you're looking to take credit courses here but are transferring in previous college credit, studying as a high school student while you do it, or currently living outside the United States, your enrollment process will be slightly different.