Building the skills you need to be successful
Your core skills in the key areas of reading, writing and math need to be strong if you are to succeed in college. That's why we offer Developmental Education courses.
These are most common in the English and Math disciplines, with developmental courses being any of those numbered below 100. They do not count toward a degree or certificate. You may place into these courses based on our course placement process.
Sharpen your writing skills in these courses, including:
- ENG 080 — Reading/Writing Fundamentals
- ENG 085 — Basic Integrated Reading/Writing
- ENG 095 — Integrated Reading and Writing
Learn more about our English program.
If you place into developmental math, you'll have two paths to choose from in order to work your way into college-level math; the path you choose will be determined by your intended major/educational goal. For help in choosing the right course, view our Math Paths diagram (pdf), and talk to Admissions or Counseling.
Review the basics and strengthen your skills with the following courses:
- MTH 050 — Basic Mathematical Skills
- MTH 061 — Elementary Algebra I
- MTH 062 — Elementary Algebra II
- MTH 066 — Mathematics Literacy I
- MTH 067 — Mathematics Literacy II
- MTH 071 — Intermediate Algebra I
- MTH 072 — Intermediate Algebra II
- MTH 075 — Elementary Geometry
College Success Topics
These classes can help you become the successful student you've always wanted to be by teaching you important study and life skills. See all College Success Topics offerings.
- COL 100 — Great Beginnings College Life/Success
- COL 101 — Strategies for Success
- COL 102 — Research Strategies
- COL 110 — Leadership Studies
- COL 131 — Strategies for Career Exploration