Make a game plan now for future success
Making the jump to college takes some preparation, and there's usually a team supporting each student's efforts. Waubonsee wants to be part of that team too, and help more students succeed in higher education. To make that happen, we developed a College and Career Readiness initiative for students, parents, instructors, counselors and administrators.
Information for high school students and their parents
Being ready for college means more than having the right textbooks and plenty of highlighters. It means having a solid foundation in key subject areas, and knowing how to navigate the world of higher education. Learn more about how you can prepare now for your college experience.
Resources for high school teachers, counselors and administrators
As part of our College and Career Readiness project, Waubonsee faculty and administrators work with high school teachers, counselors and administrators to help ensure curricular alignment and successful student transitions.
- College Preparation Checklist
- Preparing Your Teen for Life after High School
- Four Costly Mistakes Parents Make When Saving for College
- College Costs: FAQ
- For Students: Life after High School
- How Military Service Can Prepare You for a Successful Career
- Why You Should Consider Trade School Instead of College
- Training for Success: Apprenticeships
The e-newsletter created by Waubonsee's Admissions Office contains information that can help you, no matter where you want to go to college.
Developmental Education and College Readiness Division