For the purpose of determining tuition and fees and compliance with the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB), students enrolling at Waubonsee are classified as in-district students, out-of-district students, out-of-state students, or international students.

Special Residency Classifications

Students who live out-of-district may qualify to have out-of-district tuition charges waived under certain special residency classifications. Many classifications require students to submit the Special Residency Classification Request Form and provide necessary documentation to qualify for special residency classifications. Please see more information below.

Residency Verification

Upon verification of residency, the residency classification will be updated for the appropriate term. Updates to residency classification will not be considered after the posted midterm date for a given term. Any changes after this date will be applied to the following term.

Verification of Residency Documentation

Students required to verify in-district residency or out-of-district residency (within the state of IL) must submit the Residency Verification Form along with the necessary documentation. They must provide a document from each of the following two categories noted in the chart below (total of two documents). Documents must be dated at least 30 days prior to the start of classes for the given term. 

Students who are unable to meet the 30-day requirement must provide one document from Category I, one document from Category II, and another document from either category (three in total) to document a verifiable interest in establishing permanent residency per the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) rules. Special provisions apply in certain circumstances related to the 30-day requirement (see in-district or out-of-district standards for more information).

All documents must show the student’s name and the residential address (not a post office box).

Category I
  • Property tax bill
  • Property Closing Statement
  • Rental Contract or Lease
  • Voter's Registration Card
  • Current Illinois Driver's License
  • Current Illinois State ID
  • Shelter Residency Documentation
Category II
  • Paycheck stub
  • W-2
  • Social Security Statement
  • Unemployment Check Stub
  • INS Documentation
  • Bill (Gas, Electric, Phone, Water, Medical, etc.)
  • Library Card (include name and address)
  • Bank or Credit Card Statement
  • Vehicle Registration Card
  • Military Active Duty/Discharge Orders


Phone Handset Icon

Registration and Records
Sugar Grove Campus
Student Center, Second Floor
(630) 466-2370