Keeping Students Safe
Waubonsee's commitment to the safety and security of students, faculty and staff is comprehensive. In addition to multiple emergency preparedness response plans, the college has also implemented the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Campus emergency phones are located throughout the Sugar Grove Campus. Our Emergency Preparedness and Safety Guide (pdf) outlines local police non-emergency numbers, counseling resources, area hospitals and emergency campus call box locations.
The Waubonsee Campus Police Department is located in Dickson Center on the Sugar Grove Campus and at the front desk at the Aurora Downtown Campus.
To report a person of concern, students, faculty and staff can access the Waubonsee Intervention Form under the Quick Links section of the mywcc home tab.
- Do not walk alone. Walk with a friend or stay near a group of people.
- Park and walk in well- lit areas.
- Walk at a steady pace and make brief eye contact with the people around you. This shows confidence, which acts as a deterrent to attackers.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Familiarize yourself with the locations of hallway telephones and emergency call boxes.
- If you are ever being followed by a vehicle when you are walking, quickly turn around and walk in the opposite direction.
- When returning to your car, be alert to anyone under or around your car and look inside before getting in.
- Trust your intuition and act on it. If you feel uncomfortable, there is a reason for it.
- If you see someone or something suspicious, let Campus Police know by calling (630) 466-2552 for Sugar Grove or (630) 906-4142 for Aurora, or by using an emergency call box located around campus. If you are away from the campus, call 9-1-1.