In addition to the standard new credit student enrollment process, students seeking admission to the therapeutic massage program are required to:
- Meet with the Counseling, Advising and Transfer Center to establish a schedule for taking prerequisite and program courses.
- Obtain specific admission information by contacting the Dean for Health Professions and Public Service.
- Complete the special Therapeutic Massage Application required for entry into the program. Enrollment in the therapeutic massage (TMS) courses is limited in order to provide the best possible educational experience for students. Students desiring to enter the program for fall must apply as soon as possible.
- Complete each prerequisite course with a minimum grade of C and cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Understand that the therapeutic massage application, completion of prerequisite courses, and previous transcripts are required for admission to the program.
- NOTE: Clinical experiences for the program may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Follow the program sequence for all TMS courses once accepted into the program. A student may opt to complete any or all of the BIO courses prior to submitting an application to the therapeutic massage program. BIO 260 must be taken face-to-face. If it is taken more than five years before the application deadline, it must be retaken; NO EXCEPTIONS. Note: TMS courses are offered on a limited basis during the year. Please contact the offices of Mathematics and Sciences (BIO) and Health Professions and Public Service (TMS) for specific course information. For continuation in the therapeutic massage program, a 2.0 or better GPA must be received in each of the major courses.
- Submit completed health form and documentation of current immunizations and a 2-step tuberculosis (TB) test upon acceptance into the program.
In addition to tuition and regular fees, the therapeutic massage student has the following minimum fees and expenses.
|Textbooks for TMS classes
(does NOT include general ed courses)
|Four professional massages||$300|
|Physical exam, immunizations,
|Per health care
Total Estimated Costs
(excluding medical requirements)
Note: These fees and expenses are approximate costs and are subject to change without prior notice to the student.