Where learning never ends!
At Waubonsee, we believe learning is a lifelong process, so we proudly support the Lifelong Learning Institute, an open membership organization for adults age 50 and older who are actively engaged in the pursuit of knowledge. In our stimulating peer-learning environments, members plan, lead and participate in courses, course-related trips and social events. LLI members are encouraged to volunteer in some capacity in support of the organization. It's easy to join and only $25 per year – download the Membership/Registration form (pdf) to get started.
To provide our membership with a defined and member-generated framework for life-enriching, dynamic educational experiences through lifelong learning programs.
To be a self-sustaining and self-governing community of active, mature adults offering a diverse and intellectually stimulating array of noncredit educational offerings in a wide variety of academic disciplines.
- Continued learning
- Intellectual inquiry
- Social interaction
- Active member participation in lifelong learning.
Learn more about LLI events
Courses are held on Waubonsee's campuses and at locations throughout the community. Find details about upcoming events and activities, get to know our members, and even submit a course proposal (Word Doc) or trip proposal (Word Doc) through our various publications.
More information can be found in the links below:
- LLI Spring Catalog 2021 (PDF)
- LLI Membership/ Registration Form (Word Doc)
- LLI Newsletter (PDF)
- LLI Member Handbook (PDF)
- LLI Participant Zoom Training (PDF)
- LLI Facilitator Guide (PDF)
- LLI Course Proposal (Word Doc)
- LLI Outing and Trip Planning Kit (Word Doc)
- LLI Trip Proposal (Word Doc)
- Media Classroom Training Video
- LLI Facilitator Zoom Training (PDF)
- LLI Constitution (PDF)
- LLI By-laws (PDF)
- LLI Organization Chart (PDF)
- LLI Business Calendar (PDF)
- LLI Annual Report 2019-2020 (PDF)