Scholarships are available to new and returning Waubonsee students from many sources, including the generous donors who support the Waubonsee Community College Foundation.
NEW SCHOLARSHIP NOTICE: The YWCA Aurora is providing a scholarship for a returning Waubonsee female student. The $2,500 award will be available to use for tuition, fees and/or books for fall 2016, and is to honor Waubonsee President Dr. Christine Sobek for her passionate community outreach and devotion to empowering women leaders personally and through her work at WCC. Click here for an application, which includes required criteria. Deadline to apply is May 20, 2016, at 4 p.m.
Waubonsee Foundation Scholarships
Each year, the Waubonsee Foundation offers more than 150 scholarships to new and returning students. View a list of available scholarships and learn more about the new online application process.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Scholarships
Funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation, these scholarships cover two years worth of tuition, fees, books and living expenses for students majoring in certain STEM disciplines.
Career and Technical Education Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded to students enrolled in selected career and technical education areas at Waubonsee. Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year are available now and are due by July 1. Click here to apply.
Scholarships for Workforce Development Courses
Waubonsee has a scholarship program for students interested in taking noncredit courses for career advancement or retraining. Learn more about our Workforce Solutions scholarship program.
Several area agencies and organizations also offer scholarships to college students. The links that are provided below include information about each scholarship including application deadlines. Phone numbers are listed below for organizations that do not have web sites.
- Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley
- COWL (Conference of Women Legislators)
- Hispanocare, Inc.
- Illinois Accounting (IAAI) Scholarship
- Illinois Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Illinois Community College Faculty Association
- Illinois Dream Fund
- Illinois Hospital Research Foundation
- Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation (ILLCF)
- Illinois Retired Teachers Association
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)
- Kane County Farm Bureau Foundation
- Kendall County Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarship: (630) 553-7403
- Kendall County Republican Women
- Kendall-Grundy Community Service Scholarship: (630) 553-9100
- The National Bank & Trust Co of Sycamore (NB&T)
- Kendall County Association for Home and Community Education (630) 553-5823
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (630) 466-0451 or (630) 709-7700
- Polish Women's Civic Club, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Soroptimist International of Suburban Chicago
- Spirited Pearls Foundation
- St. Charles Mother's Club
- Ups for DownS
- Ward 2 Aurora Scholarship - contact Penny Falcon (630) 254-8291
- Women's Leadership Network
- Zonta Club of St. Charles - Geneva- Batavia