Nurse Assistant Program Admission
Students seeking admission to the basic nurse assistant training program are required to:
- Attend mandatory orientation and finger printing sessions (see sidebar).
- Contact the Center for Learning Assessment to make an appointment for required assessment testing. Acceptance into the program is based on assessment results, with documentation of reading skills at an 10th grade level.
- Be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Submit required documentation of a 2-step tuberculosis (TB) test prior to entering the clinical experience.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA (course grade of C or better) and pass the final examination with a grade of C to complete the course.
- Pass the 21 manual skills mandated by IDPH.
- Attend the required number of hours mandated by IDPH. This allows for only one absence from clinical and two from theory classes. Unexcused tardiness also counts as an absence. Any student who does not meet these IDPH attendance requirements will be withdrawn from NAS 101, without exception.
Certification testing will be arranged and documentation of course completion will be submitted to the IDPH by the college. The state examination will be administered one to two months following completion of the course.
FALL CNA REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Based on the Illinois Department of Public Health (State of Illinois) requirements, students wanting to register for Spring 2017 Nurse Assistant classes must first attend a mandatory orientation session on Monday, December 5, 2016 at 2 p.m. in FOX206 (Aurora Fox Valley Campus) or Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in PC215 (Plano Campus) or Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in DWN160A (Aurora Downtown Campus). Participants need to bring student ID X# and social security number to orientation session.
A $29 fee will be collected during the fingerprint sessions. Accurate Biometrics accepts credit/debit cards, money orders, or company checks for payment. Students who were fingerprinted for a fall NAS course and were unable to register should contact the Health Professions and Public Service office at 630-870-3904.
Further registration information will be available at these orientation sessions.
For additional information, please visit our main CNA page or email CNA@waubonsee.edu.