IMPORTANT Fall 2018 CNA Registration Information
- Based on the Illinois Department of Public Health (State of Illinois) requirements, students wanting to register for Fall 2018 Nurse Assistant classes must complete an online orientation including a mandatory criminal background fingerprint check.
A $29 fee will be collected during the individual fingerprint session held at an Accurate Biometrics office location. Accurate Biometrics accepts credit/debit cards, money orders or company checks for payment. Cash or personal checks will not be accepted.
In order to meet the orientation requirements, the student must read and follow the directions on the NAS 101 Fact Sheet and Fingerprint Disclosure and Authorization Form below.
Additional Enrollment and Completion Steps
- Contact the Learning Assessment and Testing Services Center to make an appointment for required assessment testing. Acceptance into the program is based on assessment results, with documentation of reading and writing skills at an 8th-grade level.
- Be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Submit required documentation of a 2-step tuberculosis (TB) test prior to entering the clinical experience.
Once in the program
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA (course grade of C or better) and pass the final examination with a grade of C to complete the course.
- Pass the 21 manual skills mandated by IDPH.
- Attend the required number of hours mandated by IDPH. This allows for only one absence from clinical and one from theory classes. Unexcused tardiness also counts as an absence. Any student who does not meet these IDPH attendance requirements will be withdrawn from NAS 101, without exception.
Certification testing will be arranged and documentation of course completion will be submitted to the IDPH by the college. The state examination will be administered one to two months following completion of the course.