Searching for Articles
To find articles, use the library databases, either from the library website or from the Todd Library tab on mywcc. Academic Search Complete and Expanded Academic ASAP are two multi-subject databases that can be a good place to start. Follow these steps for finding articles.
- Keep your search simple. Enter basic terms for each aspect of your topic, such as “energy drinks and health.”
- Use the limiting options available on most databases. Common limiters are full-text, date and source type. Articles from academic journals may be required for some assignments.
- Evaluate your results. Use the title of the article, the abstract (summary) and the subject terms to determine if the articles are relevant to you. If your results aren't relevant, consider modifying your search terms. Contact a librarian if you need assistance with your search.
- To display the full article, click on the PDF icon or the "HTML Full Text" link. Clicking the "Full Text Finder" icon will take you to the full article in a different database.
- Please contact a librarian if you need any assistance.
Need more help? Check out this step-by-step guide about finding articles.