Searching for Books
Search the library catalog on mywcc or on the library website to identify books and e-books in the Waubonsee Community College Libraries. Follow these steps for finding books.
- Keep your search simple. Enter basic terms for your topic, such as “energy drinks."
- Evaluate your results list. Examine the titles of the books listed on the first page of your results. If the results do not seem relevant, consider changing your search terms. Please contact a librarian if you would like some assistance with your search.
- Click on the title of an item in the list to display more detailed information, sometimes including a summary and chapter titles.
- If it is a print book, note at which campus it is located and copy the entire call number or use the "Text This to Me" tool. You can use the "Place Hold" tool to request that the book be delivered to a specific campus.
- The books are arranged by Library of Congress call numbers. Use the call number to find the book on the shelf. Please contact us for assistance if you need help with this.
- If it is an e-book, click on the link in order to access the book in one of our e-book databases.
Finding More Books
Use Worldcat to search for books in other libraries worldwide. Submit Interlibrary Loan requests directly through Worldcat. If you need assistance, please contact us for help.