Preparation is the key to success
Waubonsee Community College uses College Board's ACCUPLACER® Next Generation Reading, WritePlacer, WritePlacer ESL, ESL Reading Skills and Next Generation Math placement tests to determine course placement.
Preparing for placement testing
It can help if you know a little bit about the format of the test you'll be taking. Waubonsee uses the computer-based ACCUPLACER® test to place you into the appropriate English, reading, and math courses.
Visit our placement testing page to get details and access placement-testing-specific resources, including information on re-testing, fees and our re-test appeal process.
Accuplacer®, TEAS and PAX Practice and Support
Plato (Edmentum) is a free online program aligned to the Next-Generation and WritePlacer ACCUPLACER® test standards that supports practice and preparation for the assessment in Math, Reading and Writing. The Plato program can also be used to prepare for health care special admission programs that require the TEAS and PAX tests. Through powerful diagnostic testing, students receive a personalized learning path, which pinpoints areas of need and delivers lessons and content designed to help strengthen those skills.
Please complete the form below to request access to Plato:
- Relax! Arrive a few minutes early to locate the Learning Assessment and Testing Services center and restrooms and to gather your thoughts before testing.
- Ask questions if you do not understand the testing process. Assessment staff are always available to assist students.
- If you need special accommodations, talk to a test proctor who can put you in touch with the college's Access Center for Disability Resources.
- Read each question carefully until you understand what the question is asking.
- Try to respond to all of the items presented, even if you are not certain of the answers.