University and college partnerships make transferring easy
If you've worked with a counselor to plan the details of your degree path, you should be able to transfer your Waubonsee credits just about anywhere. However, we have entered into specific agreements and partnerships with certain four-year schools and programs to make it even easier for our graduates to move on and earn a bachelor's degree.
Transfer Partnership Agreements
- Arizona State University's Guaranteed Program for Admission helps students stay focused on earning their undergraduate degrees while planning for a smooth transfer to ASU. ASU accepts the completed IAI general education core curriculum as satisfying the ASU lower-division general studies requirements.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing accepts graduates with the Associate of Applied Science in Registered Nursing . They may be awarded up to 77 proficiency credit hours through the Chamberlain University Articulation Plan. This includes 37 liberal arts and sciences credits and 40 nursing credits.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology accepts the AA or AS, as well as the AAS in Human Services, from Waubonsee Community College as fulfilling admission requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Psychology completion program.
- Columbia College Chicago's Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement guarantees admission to more than 40 Bachelor of Arts degree programs at Columbia. Also, students who participate in the program will receive a scholarship for their first year of enrollment based on the cumulative grade point average on all transferable courses at Waubonsee.
- Columbia College-Missouri accepts Waubonsee's AA, AS, and AES as satisfying all of their general education requirements. CC-M offers bachelor degrees at their campus location at Elgin Community College, as well as online. Degrees are offered in business administration, criminal justice administration, interdisciplinary studies and psychology.
- DePaul Admission Partnership Program - You can transfer up to 66 semester hours to DePaul University and must transfer within three years for degree requirements to remain the same. Students are encouraged to complete the associate degree.
- DeVry University accepts all AAS degrees, regardless of technical or applied content, as a block of credit into DeVry's Bachelor of Science in technical management (BSTM) program. The degree is offered entirely online.
- Eastern Illinois University accepts the AA, AS, AAS or AGS degree for their Bachelor of General Studies BA, as well as allows for any student who has completed a transferable associate degree at WCC with at least a 2.0 GPA to be admitted to EIU at the junior level.
- Franklin University combines on-campus Waubonsee classes with online courses through Franklin. Students can major in accounting, applied management, business administration, computer science, digital technology, management, management information systems and public safety management.
- Governors State University Dual Degree Program - To qualify for the DDP, you must be a full-time Waubonsee student who has completed 12-45 credit hours, and is in good academic standing. Students must complete their associate degree in five or fewer semesters (plus summers) and plan to pursue a bachelor's degree immediately after graduating from Waubonsee Community College.
- Illinois State University's Redbird Promise offers Illinois community college students guaranteed admission to Illinois State University to complete their Bachelor’s degree. Students must meet all of the requirements outlined to guarantee their admission to Illinois State University. Sign up for the Redbird Promise today and get peace of mind knowing that you have secured your spot.
- Judson University allows students to transfer 88 hours of completed coursework for those entering a Bachelor of Arts degree program in the Center for Adult Professional Studies program. Students transferring to Judson University who have completed the Associate in Arts or the Associate in Science will have satisfied all Judson University general education requirements.
- Kaplan University allows for the transfer of credits into the Advanced Start Bachelor program (for students who have earned associate degrees). Universal Degree plans are customized to each individual student and their individual goals, and up to 45 credits can be awarded for work/life experience.
- Monmouth College Guaranteed Admissions Agreement - The goal of this agreement is to provide a clear transfer pathway for Waubonsee students seeking a degree at Monmouth College. To be eligible, students must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA at Waubonsee and have completed at least 24 transferable semester hours here. Students who complete the AA, AS or AFA degree will be accepted at junior standing. Students applying under this agreement are eligible for Monmouth scholarships, including the Dean’s Scholarship, Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, and fine arts and special interest scholarships. In addition, students may qualify for the Wallace Founders Scholarship, a prestigious scholarship for students with a 3.2+ cumulative GPA.
- Northern Illinois University offers online and blended format programs which include health and human services, liberal arts and sciences, nursing and industrial technology. Waubonsee and NIU also have a Nursing Partnership agreement, which provides an efficient pathway for students admitted to Waubonsee's AAS in nursing program to pursue direct admission into NIU's RN to BSN program.
- Northern Illinois University Guaranteed Admissions Program - The goal of the Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP) is to create a seamless and transparent admission process for transfer students intending to complete your baccalaureate degree at Northern Illinois University. The Guaranteed Admission Program allows you the opportunity to be simultaneously admitted to both Northern Illinois University and Waubonsee. As part of the Guaranteed Admission Program you're eligible to transfer into more than sixty (60) undergraduate degree programs at Northern Illinois University. Admission to Northern Illinois University does not guarantee admission into “Limited Admission” programs.
- Northern Illinois University Reverse Transfer - NIU students who transferred from Waubonsee without associate degrees are able to earn the two-year degree using credit from NIU courses.
- Olivet Nazarene recognizes that if a student satisfactorily completes the AA or AS degree, he/she will receive full recognition toward the completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Students will have met all general education requirements for graduation from Olivet, except for two upper-division religion courses.
- Roosevelt University - The Dual Degree Program (DDP) with Waubonsee Community College is an innovative pathway for students to earn an associate degree at Waubonsee and a bachelor's degree at Roosevelt.
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has a pathway with Waubonsee for students pursing the Associate in Fine Arts (AFA) degree who are interested in completing the Bachelors of Fine Arts degree.
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale has program agreements in place for students completing Associate in Applied Science degrees for Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Automation Technology, Automotive Technology, Auto Body Repair, Computer Aided Design and Drafting: Design, Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic, and Fire Science Technology. Students completing the these degrees, if having met the admission requirements for SIU Carbondale, will be considered for acceptance into related Bachelor of Science programs at SIU Carbondale. Information can be found here: https://articulation.siu.edu/ and by visiting Waubonsee's Counseling, Advising and Transfer Center.
- University of Iowa has entered into an articulation agreement with the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB). The agreement allows students who have completed the Associate in Arts degree and who have maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on all graded arts and sciences courses acceptable for transfer to be admitted to the UI College of Liberal Arts and Sciences but not into other colleges or every liberal arts and sciences major.
- University of St. Francis allows students with an Associate of Applied Science in Registered Nursing to transfer to the four-year university. Students are then able to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) as well as receive reduced tuition rates for general education courses.
- University of Phoenix accepts all credit from associate degrees, subject to program limitations.
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville accepts the Associate in Arts and Science degrees, ensuring that all students wishing to transfer to UW-Platteville will have met all university general education requirements.
- Western Governors University offers graduates and staff a five percent tuition discount for up to four academic terms. Graduates of Waubonsee are also able to apply for the WGU Community College Partner Scholarship, valued up to $2,000. For more information, click here.
- Western Illinois University offers the online completion of the Board of Trustees Bachelor of Arts degree, a program for adult students which allows students to design their program to meet individual educational goals. Waubonsee also has an articulation agreement with Western Illinois University, making it easier for mass communication students to earn a bachelor's degree. Find the transfer guides here.