The libraries at Waubonsee Community College create intellectual partnerships with the students, faculty, staff, and community members in the college district. The library collections and services are shaped by the curriculum and programs of the college; the information needs of the community of learners; the dedication to providing open access to knowledge; openness to evolving technologies; and by the rich diversity and heritage of the users and the region.
Fostering an environment of respect and service that promotes learning and educational success, the libraries of Waubonsee Community College provide diverse and dynamic library services to enrich and support the educational and lifelong learning goals of the Waubonsee Community College community and the citizens in the college district. The college values of accessibility, service, value, quality, and innovation create the framework that sustains and informs the library's commitments to the college community:
- a vigorous, relevant collection of resources in a variety of formats that supports the college programs and curricula and encompasses diverse beliefs and perspectives;
- on-site and remote access to expert guidance in the use of library resources;
- library instruction that reinforces the educational mission of the college;
- high standards of service that recognize the diversity of users;
- access to the national and international arena of library resources;
- emphasis on the use of technology as a tool to expand access and enhance service;
- library facilities at all campuses that promote the value of the library as a place for inquiry and learning;
- advocacy of the importance of intellectual freedom as a necessary foundation in the pursuit of knowledge.