An e-file accommodation provides students with an accessible version of textbooks. E-files can be used with a screen reader to read the material aloud. Another feature of an e-file includes the ability to enlarge the text. The Waubonsee Community College Bookstore orders e-files for students that are signed up with the Access Center and are approved for e-files.
- Go to http://waubonsee.collegestoreonline.com or refer to course syllabuses to determine which textbook(s) are required.
- Submit a copy of student VISA3 & current course schedule to the bookstore.
- Complete an E-file Accommodation (EFA) Request Form from the bookstore & discuss purchasing options with bookstore staff.
- Purchase the textbook(s) from the bookstore or another source. Submit proof of purchase and EFA Request Form to the bookstore.
- The bookstore will request the e-file(s) from the publisher.
- An email will be sent to the student’s Waubonsee email address when their e-file is available. Notification will include information about how to access the e-file through Google Drive.