Benefits of Student Employment
Are you a current Waubonsee student looking for a part-time job? Consider employment right here on campus.
College is about more than classes—it gives you opportunities to explore your personal interests, develop your leadership skills, and even have some fun! As a Student Worker at Waubonsee, you can have a student experience that is as well-rounded as you are, one that inspires more than your mind. A part-time job can help you become a better student and get a jump on your career track.
Below are some of the reasons why we think working on campus should be your next decision!
- Earn Extra Pocket Money
- Learn to Manage Your Money
- Gain Career-related Experience
- Become More Confident
- Develop Interpersonal Skills
- Gain Independence
- Learn to Manage Your Time Wisely
- Make New Friends
- Gain Work Experience
Requirements for Student Workers
- Students should be enrolled in at least six hours of 100-level courses or acceptable developmental courses above the 050 level.
- Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours in the fall/spring terms and one credit hour during the summer term.
- Students who have been awarded Federal Work-Study as part of their financial aid award must meet the Standards of Academic Progress (SAP).
- Student employees should not exceed 20 hours of work per week and cannot work during scheduled class time.
Federal Work-Study Study Information
Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.
Student that have been awarded Federal Work-Study as part of their financial aid award should apply to the jobs labeled as Federal Work-Study.
For further questions regarding financial aid, contact Waubonsee's Financial Aid Office at (630) 466-7900, ext. 5774, email@example.com; or in person at one of our four campuses. Our supportive staff will help facilitate the application process of determining qualifications, researching availability and assessing the best financial aid solution for you.
View our Job Opportunities! Be sure to use the Position Type search filter of Student Worker or Federal Work Study.