Refunds for tuition and fees
Some tuition, fees and other costs can be refunded under certain circumstances and/or within specific time frames. The Student Accounts and Cashier Office can answer questions about specific situations.
Refunds for Credit Courses
Tuition refunds are issued based upon the official date of withdrawal from credit courses. Withdrawals made online through mywcc are effective when the transaction is complete. Withdrawals submitted in writing are effective according to the postmark date of the letter or the fax date and time. Full refund of tuition and fees is granted if the college cancels a course.
The academic calendar for each semester lists the last day for refunds for 16-week courses. Refund dates for other credit courses are listed in each semester's credit schedule and in the list below. The college reserves the right to make the final decision on all refunds.
- Registration, Refund & Withdrawal Dates for Fall 2023 (PDF)
- Registration, Refund & Withdrawal Dates for Spring 2024 (PDF)
Refunds for Noncredit Courses
- If a course or program is canceled by the College, the student will receive a 100% refund of course fees.
- A student who withdraws from a noncredit course or program four or more days prior to the start date will receive a 100% refund of course fees.
- A student who withdraws from a noncredit course or program less than four days before the first class meeting will not receive a refund of course fees.
Tuition Refunds Due to Hardship
The college recognizes that students may face hardship or other extenuating circumstances that may hinder attendance and/or academic performance. These circumstances may sometimes lead students to consider withdrawing from classes. Students are encouraged to discuss the impact of withdrawing from courses with their advisor before making any registration adjustments. Please note that the Emergency Needs Scholarship Fund is available to assist currently enrolled students who experience an unusual or unexpected emergency.
Students who decide to withdraw from courses because of hardship may request a refund by submitting the Student Account Appeal along with supporting documentation. The submission of this form does not automatically result in a refund. Appeals may take up to 4 weeks to be reviewed and decided by the Student Account Appeals Committee. Students are notified of the decision through their Waubonsee email.
Please note: students should have withdrawn from courses prior to the submission of the appeal. If it's beyond the withdrawal deadline, students may contact their instructor to request a W notation in place of a final grade.
Types of hardships shall include but are not limited to:
- Student health-related circumstances (includes a serious injury/illness, mental health condition, chronic illness, etc.)
- Health-related circumstances of an immediate family member where the student is a part-time or full-time caretaker
- Death of an immediate family member (parent, child, spouse/partner, sibling or grandparent)
- Military Deployment
- Sudden or consistent lack of transportation
- A significant cost of living increase
Receive your refunds faster with electronic direct deposit!
Log into mywcc and click the link View Your Account / Pay Your Balance to get to the Student Account Suite.
Once you're there, click Electronic Refunds under the My Profile Setup menu.
Click the button that says Set up Account, fill out the form that pops up, and save your account information. You can use any personal checking or savings account. The cost is free and you will receive your refund faster!