Waubonsee is committed to your safety. We have instituted a wide array of health and safety measures designed to do everything possible to keep our campus community safe and healthy for those who learn and work here. At this time, access to campus is limited to students attending classes or utilizing services.
Our phased re-opening has some student services available in-person at the Sugar Grove and Aurora Downtown Campuses. Please visit the services directory for hours of operation. *Note that on Fridays, most campus services are only available virtually at this time.
Given the fluidity of the coronavirus situation, details are likely to change, so please check this page and our COVID-19 webpage regularly for updates.
Campus Activities and Services
Many departments are offering virtual and/or face-to-face services during this time. Visit our Services Directory for complete details. And read on for a few special notes.
About Fall 2020 Courses
Fall courses begin August 24. As part of the new MyChoice initiative, course instruction will be available in five ways:
- Face-to-Face - on-campus instruction
- Online - the course is delivered 100% online through Waubonsee’s Learning Management System, Canvas
- Hybrid - a blend of face-to-face and online
- Sync Online - scheduled delivery of instruction through a video conference tool such as Zoom on the days and times of scheduled class sessions
- Flex - allows students to choose from among face-to-face, sync online, or online delivery methods throughout the course, depending on what works best for them on any given day
These various methods of course delivery are not only a response to the pandemic but options that create greater flexibility and increased access for you as you work to balance college and life. Please note that not all courses will be available in all five formats.
In the event of an emergency closing due to health concerns, safety concerns and or other directives from a governing body during the fall 2020 semester, all face-to-face instruction will be suspended and instruction will continue at the scheduled course time through Zoom video conferencing; class sessions will continue to be recorded and posted in Canvas as well.
View the fall course schedule to see your options.