- The Health Information Technology Handbook (pdf) contains information about administrative and academic policies, curriculum and coursework. It is recommended that current and prospective students become familiar with the contents of this handbook.
- The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is the premier association of health information management professionals.
- As the membership organization of health information management professionals, the Illinois Health Information Management Association (ILHIMA) fosters the professional development of its members through education and lifelong learning.
- The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) is an independent accrediting organization whose mission is to serve the public interest by establishing and enforcing quality accreditation standards for health informatics and health information management educational programs.
- The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is a cause-based, not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of health care.