Skip to main content
Health Information Technology AAS
- Explain reimbursement and payment methodologies applicable to various healthcare providers.
- Analyze health information data in compliance with industry standards.
- Apply legal and ethical standards of patient confidentiality as defined by federal, state and local regulations.
- Identify diagnostic and procedure codes based on health record documentation.
- Analyze data for quality management, performance improvement, and outcome measures for internal and external applications.
Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Analyze claims for correct submission and reimbursement.
- Demonstrate accurate coding of procedures and diagnoses.
- Evaluate the various types of reimbursement methodologies.
- Apply legal and regulatory standards as it relates to health care coding, reimbursement and collections.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and use interpersonal skills in a health care setting.