Working on campus can mean savings on tuition

A work-study opportunity provides funding toward your tuition—and perhaps valuable work experience in your career field or an area of personal interest!

Prospective employers take note of students with job experience, especially since you'll be able to utilize and refine your communication, time and project management, and other workplace skills. You'll network with and learn from your supervisor(s) and engage with other student employees, bringing additional perspective to your classroom work. Your supervisor may even become a reference for future job searches.

Work-Study Awards

Based on their financial need, students are awarded funds to work on campus including the America Reads program. Hourly pay is $10.15/hour effective July 1, 2017, and total earnings are limited to the amount awarded. Students must be enrolled at least 6 credit hours to work during the academic year.

Listings of Federal Work-Study jobs, as well as other part-time positions on campus, can be found on our Careers at Waubonsee page.