Waubonsee Community College will host events in September and October to celebrate Latinx Heritage Month. All events will be virtual.
- ¡Empecemos a Cocinar! “Let’s Start Cooking” will be a live cooking demonstration that features different Latinx dishes shared by members of the Waubonsee community on Sept. 16 at 1 p.m.; Sept. 30 at 2 p.m.; and Oct. 14 at 3 p.m.
- “Dismantling Anti-Blackness: A Dialogue of the Underlying Racism in the Latinx Community” on Sept. 22 at 5 p.m.
- “Frida Kahlo: Canvas and Mocktails” will be an evening of virtual fun and learning about Frida Kahlo on Sept. 24 at 5 p.m.
- “Ya es el Tiempo: Students Coming Together to Make Change” will be a virtual event about how to achieve social, political, and institutional change on Sept. 25 at 7 p.m.
- “Building Comunidad: Noche De Talento!” will be a virtual talent show on Oct. 2 at 5:30 p.m.
- “Inmigración: Stories of Lives in Transition” will be a virtual celebration about the power of storytelling about a collection of immigration journey. After the stories, there will be a short presentation by Jeremy Lime, an immigration attorney. This event will be Oct. 9 at 3 p.m.
Visit https://calendar.waubonsee.edu/LHM for more information about these events, including how to submit recipes, share your story, and join the talent show.