Degrees & Certificates
A strong foundation of theory and technical skills can take talent to a new level, transforming into a body of innovative artwork.
Whether you take fine arts courses, complete a photography certificate or transfer your Waubonsee credits to an advanced degree, you’ll find an inspiring environment at Waubonsee, and your career in the arts will enhance the culture of our community.
Studying Art at Waubonsee
Our Art Program provides the creative setting that fine artists like you dream of. It's a program that has earned accreditation from the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). Combine courses from a variety of interests or focus on one area.
- Drawing, painting — our studio courses strengthen your technical skills and artistic abilities, and instructors work one-on-one to refine those talents.
- Photography— capture images in traditional and cutting-edge ways.
- Ceramics — study in a nationally recognized program without traveling far.
- Art history— gain perspective into the human condition in a shifting social, political and cultural climate.
- Design— principles and elements of two-dimensional and three-dimensional design
And since art brings together seeing, doing and exploring, students regularly take part in lectures, workshops, field trips and exhibitions to observe art in action.
Working in Art
In our ever-evolving world, the historical importance and continued relevancy of the arts is unchanged. Artists must cultivate personal visual literacy in order to analyze and integrate trends and resources, and become engaged in global art culture. Successful artists thrive in environments that spark intellectual curiosity, nurture aesthetic appreciation and encourage creative endeavors.