News & Events
Waubonsee’s Renovated Aurora Fox Valley Campus Debuts to Students and Public
A full-service campus with a focus on health care was what Waubonsee Community College leaders had in mind when they committed to renovating their campus located at 2060 Ogden Avenue in Aurora. The college is inviting the public to tour the updated facilities during an event on Oct. 22 at 1 p.m. In addition to tours, the event will offer family-friendly activities.
After closing in December 2015 for renovations, the Aurora Fox Valley Campus is now open. Now the primary home to the college’s health care programs, the campus features state-of-the-art technology and equipment to provide students with hands-on learning. The renovations also allow for expanded student services, including tutoring, a library and testing services.
While the focus of the campus is on health care, a full complement of general education courses are offered and open to all students as well.
Programs housed at the campus include emergency medical technician, medical assistant, nursing, nursing assistant, phlebotomy and surgical technology.
During the Oct. 22 open house, participants will be able to tour the facilities and see highlights that include:
• Medical assistant and phlebotomy lab designed to simulate a medical office, with realistic exam rooms and state-of-the-art equipment.
• Registered nursing lab with two simulation rooms with video cameras to recreate hospital and emergency room scenarios, with a control room in between. It also has 16 beds, six mannequins and a professional nurses’ station.
• Certified nurse assistant lab and classroom featuring six hospital beds and a simulated restroom for training.
• Emergency medical technician lab with a fully-equipped boxed ambulance to simulate real-world emergencies.
• Surgical technology lab allowing for hands-on, realistic experience with current equipment and procedures.
Opened in January 1997 on the Rush-Copley Medical Center campus, this facility is located in the far eastern portion of Waubonsee’s district. For more information on the renovated campus and course offerings, visit www.waubonsee.edu/foxvalley.