Health Care Interpreting: English/Spanish
Major Code: 635B
Certificate of Achievement
This certificate indicates completion of all the health care interpreting and translation courses required for a fully-trained health care interpreter.
Structured written and oral screening tests are conducted to determine proficiency in both English and Spanish. Students must be 18 of age or older at the time of assignment to a practicum site.
- COM125 Communication Strategies for Healthcare Careers2
- HCI102 Survey of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Issues in Health Care Interpreting3
- HCI105 Anatomy and Medical Procedures for Health Care Interpreting: English/Spanish3
- HCI106 Introduction to Health Care Interpreting: English/Spanish3
- HCI110 Health Care Interpreting: English/Spanish +2
- HCI130 Mental Health Care Interpreting: English/Spanish +2
- HCI150 Anatomical Terminology: English/Spanish +2
- HCI175 Introduction to Medical Translation: English/Spanish3
- HCI200 Simultaneous Health Care Interpreting: English/Spanish +3
- HCI220 Approaches to Health Care in Hispanic Culture3
- HCI275 Advanced Medical Translation: English/Spanish +3
- HCI290 Health Care Interpreting Seminar and Field Experience +2
- HIT135 Health Care Delivery Systems2
- SOC120 Racial and Ethnic Relations3
- SPN205 Spanish for Native Speakers3
+ Program admission required for enrollment.