- What is my user ID or X-number?
- What is my password?
- Coming up with a Strong Password?
- What if I don't know or forget my X-number?
- What if I don't know or forget my password?
- What is Waubonsee Community College Self-Service?
- What is the Web address for Waubonsee Community College Self-Service?
- What is available in Waubonsee Community College Self-Service?
- When is Waubonsee Community College Self-Service available?
- Who can use Waubonsee Community College Self-Service?
- What if I don't have a computer?
- Can I assign someone else access to my student account so they can make payments?
- Why do I have to log in again to make a payment?
- Do I have a Waubonsee email account?
- What is my email address?
- How do I forward my Waubonsee email to another email address?
- What are the specifications of personal computers used at Waubonsee?
- What are the specifications of laptop computers used at Waubonsee?
What is my user ID or X-number?
The X-number is another name for a student ID number, and it is issued to all new credit students upon their completion of the New Student Information Form and to all new noncredit students upon completion of the Noncredit Registration Form (pdf). The number begins with an X followed by eight numbers (example: X12345678). You will use your unique X-number a lot during your time at Waubonsee — for everything from registering for classes to checking out library books, so you should do your best to remember it. If you received an X-number card, keep it with you for easy reference. You can also use our online X number look-up form.
What is my password?
If you have never logged into a Waubonsee computer system before, your initial password will be your six-digit birth date (mmddyy). You will then be asked to create a new password, which must be a minimum of eight (8) characters, up to a maximum of twenty (20) characters. When you create a new password, you will also be asked to create security questions. Answer these questions carefully. If you forget your password, correctly answering the security questions will allow you to reset it.
The password requirements are as follows:
- Minimum of eight characters in length
- Contains at least one of each of the following items:
- An Uppercase Letter
- A Lowercase Letter
- A Number
It is important to keep passwords secret and secure so that others can't use them or find them. These guidelines are intended to provide information and guidance about how to create good, cryptic passwords and how to keep them secure and confidential.
Coming up with a Strong Password?
Coming up with a password that's both strong and easy to remember can take some creativity. Try thinking of a phrase (i.e. part of a book, poem or song), and use it to form a password you'll remember. For example:
- "All of Parish is divided into three main parts." would be "AoP/i3mp."
- Insert symbols (punctuation) after every third character.
- Use an upper case letter after every number.
- Press the Shift key after every other character.
- Be creative! Come up with your own system - the possibilities are endless.
What if I don't know or forget my X-number?
Use our online X-number look-up form to retrieve your forgotten X-number. And remember, your X-number is printed on all of your registration correspondence (schedule, invoice, etc.). If you are taking courses full-time, applying for financial aid or transferring in credit, you should have been mailed a welcome letter, which includes a peel-off X-number card you can carry with you.
What if I don't know or forget my password?
If you forget your pasword, correctly answering the security questions will allow you to reset it. If you have questions, please contact the Technical Assistance Center at (630) 466-7900, ext. 4357.
What is the Web address for Waubonsee Community College Self-Service?
You can go directly to https://mywcc.waubonsee.edu/apps/ssb/redirect.php to access Waubonsee Community College Self-Service. Self-Service is also part of the mywcc Web portal, which also gives you access to your email, Blackboard and a variety of other resources. Visit mywcc.waubonsee.edu.
- Register for courses
- Search for courses by subject, keyword, instructor, meeting dates, meeting times, etc.
- Make full or partial payments by credit card or from a bank account (checking/savings).
- View your academic information such as courses you've taken in the past, your academic major code, your class schedule for any given week, your final grades at the end of the semester, etc.
Who can use Waubonsee Community College Self-Service?
Returning students who know their X-number can use Self-Service. New students should follow these steps to getting started.
Can I assign someone else access to my student account so they can make payments?
Yes. Using the online payment system in Waubonsee Community College Self-Service, you may assign an authorized user to make secure online payments on your student account. However, this assignment does not give the authorized user the ability to view your confidential academic information.
Do I have a Waubonsee email account?
All enrolled students have a Waubonsee email account, known as mymail, being powered by Google. Your mymail account is accessible through the mywcc web portal at mywcc.waubonsee.edu. Waubonsee will send all official communication to this email, including important academic and financial information.
What is my email address?
Your Waubonsee email address is typically your first initial and your last name @student.waubonsee.edu Example: Joe Waubonsee could be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students with common last names may have a number added to their email address. View your email information in Self-Service.
How do I forward my Waubonsee email to another email address?
Your Waubonsee email address can be forwarded to another personal email address. For instructions, go to Google Help: Forward mail to another account.
- HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Ultra-slim PC or newer model
- Motherboard, INTEL Q87 Express
- Processor, INTEL Core i5-4570S
- Memory, 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz SDRAM Memory (2x4GB)
- Hard Drive, 128GB SSD, or better
- DVD-R/RW-+R/RW DL, fastest available
- Network, Gigabit Ethernet Integrated on the motherboard
- Video, Dual integrated on the motherboard with Dual Digital video preferred
- Audio, Integrated 5.1 High Definition on the motherboard
- HP USB LCD Speaker bar
- USB Keyboard & USB Mouse, optical mouse with scroll
- Microsoft Windows OS
- HP EliteBook Folio 9470m UltraBook laptop or newer model
- Motherboard, INTEL, integrated LAN
- Processor, INTEL Core i5-3427U or better
- Memory, 8 GB DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM
- Hard Drive, 128GB SSD or larger
- Network, Built-In 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- Wireless Wi-Fi compliant 802.11 B/G/N
- LCD/LED, 14- inch backlit HD anti-glare Wide Screen or larger
- Webcam, Integrated 720p HD
- Display, 1xHDMI
- Audio, SRS PRO Audio
- USB, 3.0 Port or better
- Flash Media Slot, SD
- Speakers, Integrated Stereo Speaker
- Battery, Long Life 4-cell Lithium-Ion (52 WHR) or better
- Microsoft Windows OS
- LoJack/ Computrace for each laptop
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
(630) 466-7900, ext. 4357
|Monday - Friday||7 a.m. - 10 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||Noon - 5 p.m.|