University partnerships make transferring easy
If you've worked with a counselor to plan the details of your degree path, you should be able to transfer your Waubonsee credits just about anywhere. However, we have entered into specific agreements and partnerships with certain four-year schools and programs to make it even easier for our graduates to move on and earn a bachelor's degree.
- Arizona State University's Guaranteed Program for Admission helps students stay focused on earning their undergraduate degrees while planning for a smooth transfer to ASU. ASU accepts the completed IAI general education core curriculum as satisfying the ASU lower-division general studies requirements.
- Eastern Illinois University accepts the AA, AS, AAS or AGS degree for their Bachelor of General Studies BA, as well as allows for any student who has completed a transferable associate degree at WCC with at least a 2.0 GPA to be admitted to EIU at the junior level.
- Illinois State University's Redbird Promise offers Illinois community college students guaranteed admission to Illinois State University to complete their Bachelor’s degree. Students must meet all of the requirements outlined to guarantee their admission to Illinois State University. Sign up for the Redbird Promise today and get peace of mind knowing that you have secured your spot.
- Northern Illinois University's Guaranteed Admissions Program has a goal to create a seamless admission process to transfer students interested in NIU. NIU offers online and blended format programs which include health and human services, liberal arts and sciences, nursing and industrial technology. Waubonsee and NIU also have a Nursing Partnership agreement, which provides an efficient pathway for students admitted to Waubonsee's AAS in nursing program to pursue direct admission into NIU's RN to BSN program.
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale accepts the Associate in Applied Science degrees in Auto Body Repair, Automotive Technology and Fire Science Technology. Students completing the AAS in Auto Body Technology at Waubonsee, if having met the admission requirements for SIU Carbondale, will be considered for acceptance into the Bachelor of Science in Technical Resource Management. Students completing the AAS in Automotive Technology at Waubonsee, if having met the admission requirements for SIU Carbondale, will be considered for acceptance into the Bachelor of Science in Automotive Technology program. Students completing the AAS in Fire Science Technology at Waubonsee, if having met the admission requirements for SIU Carbondale, will be considered for acceptance into the Bachelor of Science in Fire Service Management program.
- University of Iowa has entered into an articulation agreement with the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB). The agreement allows students who have completed the Associate in Arts degree and who have maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on all graded arts and sciences courses acceptable for transfer to be admitted to the UI College of Liberal Arts and Sciences but not into other colleges or every liberal arts and sciences major.
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville accepts the Associate in Arts and Science degrees, ensuring that all students wishing to transfer to UW-Platteville will have met all university general education requirements.
- Western Illinois University offers the online completion of the Board of Trustees Bachelor of Arts degree, a program for adult students which allows students to design their program to meet individual educational goals. Waubonsee also has an articulation agreement with Western Illinois University, making it easier for mass communication students to earn a bachelor's degree. Find the transfer guides here.
- Aurora University provides a means for students to be simultaneously admitted to Waubonsee and Aurora University. This agreement is designed to simplify the process of degree completion for students who wish to begin at Waubonsee and continue at AU. When jointly admitted, a student will work with advisors at both Waubonsee and Aurora to plan courses for maximum transferability, and will be able to enter Aurora University after completing the Waubonsee degree without going through any further admission process.
Waubonsee and Aurora University also have a Nursing Partnership agreement, which provides an efficient pathway for students admitted to Waubonsee's AAS in Nursing Program, to pursue direct admission into AU's RN to BSN program.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology accepts the AA or AS, as well as the AAS in Human Services, from Waubonsee Community College as fulfilling admission requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Psychology completion program.
- Columbia College-Missouri accepts Waubonsee's AA, AS, and AES as satisfying all of their general education requirements. CC-M offers bachelor degrees at their campus location at Elgin Community College, as well as online. Degrees are offered in business administration, criminal justice administration, interdisciplinary studies and psychology.
- Franklin University combines on-campus Waubonsee classes with online courses through Franklin. Students can major in accounting, applied management, business administration, computer science, digital technology, management, management information systems and public safety management.
- Judson University allows students to transfer 88 hours of completed coursework for those entering a Bachelor of Arts degree program in the Center for Adult Professional Studies program. Students transferring to Judson University who have completed the Associate in Arts or the Associate in Science will have satisfied all Judson University general education requirements.
- Olivet Nazarene recognizes that if a student satisfactorily completes the AA or AS degree, he/she will receive full recognition toward the completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Students will have met all general education requirements for graduation from Olivet, except for two upper-division religion courses.
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has a pathway with Waubonsee for students pursing the Associate in Fine Arts (AFA) degree who are interested in completing the Bachelors of Fine Arts degree.
- Stephens College accepts the AA or AS for students who have also earned a minimal cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- University of St. Francis allows students with an Associate of Applied Science in Registered Nursing to transfer to the four-year university. Students are then able to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) as well as receive reduced tuition rates for general education courses.
- Western Governors University offers graduates and staff a five percent tuition discount for up to four academic terms. Graduates of Waubonsee are also able to apply for the WGO Community College Partner Scholarship, valued up to $2,000. For more information, click here.
- DeVry University accepts all AAS degrees, regardless of technical or applied content, as a block of credit into DeVry's Bachelor of Science in technical management (BSTM) program. The degree is offered entirely online.
- Kaplan University allows for the transfer of credits into the Advanced Start Bachelor program (for students who have earned associate degrees). Universal Degree plans are customized to each individual student and their individual goals, and up to 45 credits can be awarded for work/life experience.
- University of Phoenix accepts all credit from associate degrees, subject to program limitations.
DePaul Admission Partnership Program - You can transfer up to 66 semester hours to DePaul University and must transfer within three years for degree requirements to remain the same. Students are encouraged to complete the associate degree.
Governors State University Dual Degree Program - To qualify for the DDP, you must be a full-time Waubonsee student who has completed 12-45 credit hours, and is in good academic standing. Students must complete their associate degree in five or fewer semesters (plus summers) and plan to pursue a bachelor's degree immediately after graduating from Waubonsee Community College.
Northern Illinois University Reverse Transfer - NIU students who transferred from Waubonsee without associate degrees are able to earn the two-year degree using credit from NIU courses.
Roosevelt University - The Dual Degree Program (DDP) with Waubonsee Community College is an innovative pathway for students to earn an associate degree at Waubonsee and a bachelor's degree at Roosevelt.