Procedure for Entering the Interpreter Training Program
Waubonsee offers a full-time Interpreter Training Program (ITP) that must be completed in a block fashion. Students are eligible to register for ITP courses after completing the standard new credit student enrollment process, along with the following steps:
2. Complete all SGN courses with a grade of C or better; also, a grade of C or better AND cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in SGN104, SGN105, SGN106 and SGN108 is required.
3. Submit an ITP application (pdf) by April 1.
4. Earn acceptable scores on the ITP admissions test. Get more details in the ITP Testing Packet (pdf) and contact Learning Assessment and Testing Services. Testing must be completed by May 1 before starting in the ITP that fall.
5. Complete the last SGN course within 18 months of planned start date for ITP. This requirement can only be waived by the Dean for Health Professions and Public Service when the student has documented interpreting experience.
Procedure for Completing the Interpreter Training Program
To complete the Interpreter Training Program with a certificate or degree, students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete all ITP courses with a grade of C or better.
2. Complete all ITP courses within a three-year time period.
3. Complete all practicum hours.
ITP courses are only offered during the day. Students may repeat a course only once.