Summer Enrollment

Four-year university students can take classes at Waubonsee this summer and transfer the credit back to their schools. Registration for summer 2016 courses will open on March 7.  

Summer enrollment at Waubonsee allows four-year college and university students to:

  • stay on track to graduate in four years
  • focus on a single course that they may find too difficult with a full semester course load
  • save money with Waubonsee's low tuition rate

Transferring Credit Back to Your College/University 
Here are some steps to guide you through the process, but our Counseling staff members are the real experts. Give them a call at (630) 466-7900, ext. 2361 or e-mail them at

Choosing a transferable course:

  • Do some basic research. If you attend a four-year school in Illinois, a good place to start is to find Waubonsee courses with Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) codes. Most of these courses will transfer to participating state schools. In addition, some four-year colleges and universities will post articulation tables on their websites showing which Waubonsee courses are equivalent to their courses. It's always good to be informed and have choices ready before meeting with your college counselor/academic advisor.
  • Talk to your college counselor/academic advisor. He/she can tell you which Waubonsee courses will definitely transfer to your school and what requirement(s) those credits can fulfill. Your advisor should also be able to explain how the Waubonsee course will be factored into your cumulative college GPA and answer any other questions you may have.

Registering for a Waubonsee course:

  • If you've never taken a class at Waubonsee before, follow our steps to getting started.
  • If you are enrolling in an English or math course, you'll need to be placed in the appropriate class — either by taking a placement test or by submitting a transcript or current course schedule documenting prior course work. Official transcripts or schedules should be in a sealed envelope and can be brought to a Counseling appointment or mailed to:
    Registration and Records
    Waubonsee Community College
    Route 47 at Waubonsee Dr.
    Sugar Grove, IL 60554
  • Once you're ready to register, you can do it in one of four easy ways.

Getting credit recorded:


Sugar Grove Campus
Student Center, Second Floor
(630) 466-7900, ext. 5756