Fire Science Program Admission
Students seeking to participate in the Fire Science Technology program are required to:
- Submit a completed New Student Information Form to Admissions, if you are not a current student.
- Meet with Counseling, Advising and Transfer Center to establish a schedule for taking courses. Some fire science courses are offered just once each year. Students should plan ahead so as to graduate on time.
- Students who wish to have their Office of State Fire Marshall certifications evaluated for proficiency credit should contact email@example.com, or call the Health Professions and Public Service office at 630-466-2350 for more information.
- If you wish to enroll in FSC105, FSC115, FSC118 or FSC125:
Non-rostered students, or students who do not currently work for a Fire Department, who wish to enroll in FSC105, FSC115, FSC118 or FSC125 are required to submit the following to the Health Professions and Public Service office before the first day of class:
- Medical Exam waiver signed by student’s Physician
- OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire
- Proof of current health insurance
- Release of liability form and ineligibility forms
Students rostered by a Fire Department that wish to enroll in FSC105, FSC115, FSC118, or FSC125 are required to provide the following:
- Letter from Fire Chief attesting to rostered status
- FIT test record for SCBA (within 12 months)
- Proof of current health insurance or copy of Department’s liability insurance
- Release of liability form
All required forms and more information can be found in the Fire Science Student Handbook.