2015 Northern Illinois VA School Certifying Officials Training
June 4, 2015
Waubonsee Community College
Academic Professional Center (APC)
Rt 47 at Waubonsee Drive
Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554
The 2015 Northern Illinois VA School Certifying Official (SCO) Training will be held at 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on June 4, 2015, at the Waubonsee Community College - Academic Professional Center, Rt 47 at Waubonsee Drive, Sugar Grove, Illinois. The main purpose of the training is to ensure that all Illinois veterans' education benefit administrators are aware of the ins and outs of what they should know in order to competently administer VA education benefits at his/her institution.
Sessions will include separate trainings for new and seasoned SCOs, a hands on VAONCE user overview and compliance dos and don'ts. The new 2015 Northern Illinois School Certifying Official (SCO) Training Committee has come together to add a new flow and additional training options to this year's workshop.
- View Tentative Agenda (programming subject to change)
This year's presenters:
- Marie George of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education St. Louis Regional Processing Center who will present on federal process changes, debt management policies and procedures, and other related topics.
- Norris Johnson and Michael Reynolds will provide attendees with information on Army TA approval and GoArmyEd processing in a hands on environment.
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) will present in a breakout session on how to convert prior learning through service to college credit.
- Dr. Gigi Jones, Ph. D. of the IPEDS Survey Director of Student Financial Aid for the Department of Education will present on the changes to the IPEDS survey via webinar.
- ISAC and IDVA will provide an over view of program offerings and state regulatory changes as Illinois gears up to comply with Section 702 and state entitlement programs as second payer.
- Dept. of Veterans' Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment will present on their program offerings and processing procedures.
- Illinois' Education Liaison Representatives will present on beginner and advanced SCO training and the VAONCE system.
- Joyce Winston, VA Education Compliance Survey Specialist, will provide information on the what happens during a VA Compliance Survey, and what VA will be looking for when they come to your campus.
This year we would like to give back to our soldiers by donating needed items to the LaSalle Veterans' Home located at 1015 O'Conner Avenue, LaSalle, Illinois 61301. We are asking that you view the home's Wish List for a list of items you can donate to help them provide the best possible care to the veterans they serve. In addition, each attendee will have the opportunity to purchase $1 tickets to be entered in a drawing to win a mystery prize! All proceeds raised through the drawing will be donated to the LaSalle Veterans Home in addition to the items you donated.
SCO Community Corner:
This year we would like to provide a space for you to tell us more about the outstanding work you are doing at your institutions! Those interested should bring information sheets, business cards or put together a brag board for our SCO Community Corner. The information will be displayed for other registrants to review, and possibly request feedback on how to implement your program/project at their school or organization.
The Illinois SCO Training is a good way to get your entire staff trained with minimal cost. In an effort to provide attendees with as much information as possible we will be having breakfast and a working lunch on site. The cost for this service will be $30 per person.
To register, complete and return the registration form found in the right side bar with your payment enclosed. Campuses are allowed to send one payment for multiple registrants but MUST send one form per person. Registration Deadline is May 15, 2015 - Refund Deadline is May 20, 2015. Please provide Waubonsee's W-9 form to your Finance/Bursar Office if we are not listed as a vendor with your institution.
Registration CANNOT be completed over the phone and WILL NOT be available on site. Please allow for enough time for your campus to forward registration.
For questions please contact Andrea Wheeler, Waubonsee Financial Aid Veterans Coordinator, at (630) 466-7900 ext. 2797 or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Waubonsee Financial Aid Veterans Coordinator
(630) 466-7900 ext. 2797