Education Benefits

The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping veterans obtain educational benefits through a variety of programs offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC).

Funding Your Education

  • Federal Educational Benefits for Veterans
    To learn about and apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and other federal benefit programs, visit Once you receive your DD-214 or Letter of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), contact Heather Watson in Counseling at (630) 466-7900, ext. 2091.
  • State of Illinois Tuition Waivers
    Applications for the Illinois Veteran Grant and Illinois National Guard Grant are available at the CollegeZone website. Once you receive your Letter of Eligibility, contact Financial Aid at Waubonsee.
  • Educational Assistance Programs for Survivors and Dependents
    To apply for federal benefits, visit To apply for state benefits, visit Once you receive your MIA/POW Scholarship or your Certificate of Eligibility for the Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA), contact Financial Aid at Waubonsee.
  • Other Financial Aid
    In addition to educational benefits offered specifically to veterans, you are also encouraged to apply for general financial aid. For more information, visit Waubonsee's financial aid site or go directly to the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) website. Remember that Waubonsee's school code is 006931.

Receiving Your Benefits
In order to continue receiving your federal educational benefits as you progress through your course work, you will need to submit a Veteran's Enrollment Certification Request after you register for courses each semester. You must also meet the college's Veterans' Standards of Academic Progress.

Deployment Procedures

If you are called to active duty while enrolled at Waubonsee, you must present the official letter of notice for active duty to Waubonsee's VA Certifying Official. See our page regarding withdrawals due to active duty for more details.


If your last name begins with A-M, contact:

Allison Guziec
Financial Aid Advisor
Sugar Grove Campus
Student Center, Rm. 244
(630) 466-7900, ext. 2902

If your last name begins with N-Z, contact:

Andrea Wheeler
Financial Aid Veterans Coordinator
Sugar Grove Campus
Student Center, Rm. 246
(630) 466-7900, ext. 2797