Types of Financial Aid

Waubonsee offers four types of financial aid to help you fund your future. Applying for grants, loans and work-study jobs requires the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarships have a different application process.

  • Scholarships: Available from a variety of sources, including the Waubonsee Community College Foundation, scholarships are educational funds that do not need to be repaid. They can be awarded based on a variety of criteria from academic achievement to financial need to area of study.
  • Grants: Awarded by the state and federal government, grants are educational funds that do not need to be repaid. They are often awarded based on financial need.
  • Loans: Waubonsee students can receive direct loans from the federal government, but all loans must be repaid.
  • Work-Study: Your FAFSA information determines your eligibility for a work-study job on campus, which pays you a salary to help finance your education and other costs.


Financial Aid Office
Sugar Grove Campus
Student Center, 2nd Floor
(630) 466-7900, ext. 5774