Special Tuition Policies

Cooperative Agreements
We want our district residents to follow their dream career paths, even if we don't offer the training for it. That's why we have cooperative agreements with several area community colleges in place. Through these agreements, our in-district students can enroll in certain occupational certificate and degree programs at other community colleges and pay that college's in-district tuition rate.

Students take all specialized courses at the cooperating college. Related technical and general education courses required in the cooperative programs may be taken at Waubonsee Community College or at the community college offering the program. The cooperating college issues all degrees or certificates for successful completion of the individual program.

Career Education Cooperative Agreements are in place among the following colleges: Black Hawk College, Carl Sandburg College, Danville Community College, Elgin Community College, Heartland Community College, Highland Community College, Illinois Central College, Illinois Valley Community College, John Wood Community College, Joliet Junior College, Kankakee Community College, Kaskaskia College, Kishwaukee College, Lake Land College, Lewis and Clark Community College, Lincoln Land Community College, McHenry County College, Moraine Valley Community College, Morton College, Prairie State College, Rend Lake College, Richland Community College, Rock Valley College, Sauk Valley Community College, South Suburban College, Southwestern Illinois College and Spoon River College. 

Cooperative agreements with other Illinois community colleges include, and are limited to, the programs listed:

College of DuPage

  • Diagnostic Medical Imaging Nuclear Medicine (certificate)
  • Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography (AAS and certificates) 
  • Horticulture (AAS and certificates)
  • Motion Picture/Television
    • Television Production (AAS)
    • Film/Video Production (AAS)
    • Motion Picture/Television (certificate)
  • Physical Therapist Assistant (AAS)

Tuition Chargeback
If a district resident wishes to earn an occupational degree or certificate at a school NOT listed above, he/she may still qualify for the cooperating school's in-district tuition rate through a tuition chargeback. See the secretary to the Vice President of Student Development for more information.

Registering with a Cooperative Agreement/Tuition Chargeback
Waubonsee district residents should contact the secretary to the Vice President of Student Development for more information and the proper forms. Students from other community college districts who want to enroll in a Waubonsee program not offered in their district should first contact their own admissions office for the proper forms.

Senior Citizen Policy
District residents 65 years of age and older are eligible for a tuition refund for credit courses in which they were enrolled through the midterm date of the course. Refunds are mailed at the end of the semester. Not all courses qualify for tuition refunds. Courses specifically designed for senior citizens, audits or repeated courses do not qualify for tuition refunds.