Basic Safety Training for Temporary Workers
Training in English and Spanish for Temporary Workers in Manufacturing or Materials Handling Jobs
To help businesses comply with federal regulations for safety training of temporary workers, Waubonsee has developed a four-hour course covering the basic components of workplace safety. This training can occur at the worksite or at one of Waubonsee’s four campus locations.
This training includes:
- highly-qualified and credentialed workplace safety trainers
- temporary workers’ participation in one four-hour or two, two-hour sessions
- OSHA-approved training, resources, and materials in English or Spanish
- why OSHA is important, worker rights and whistleblower regulation, employer responsibilities under OSHA, and hazard recognition
- using personal protective equipment, reading hazardous chemical labels and pictograms
- working with and around forklifts, lifting safely, and emergency exits
- hazardous energy sources, machine guarding, and lockout/tagout procedures
This training accompanies the three-hour Training for Host Employers and Staffing Agencies.
For more information, call (630) 906-4152 or email WFD@waubonsee.edu.
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-27685-15-60-F-17 from OSHA. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. The WCC Harwood Training Project is wholly funded by a grant from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor.