Training for Host Employers and Staffing Agencies
During 2015-2016, the costs of this training will be underwritten by OSHA for eligible employers in the Chicagoland area.
To help businesses comply with federal regulations for safety training of temporary workers, Waubonsee has developed a three-hour course covering the responsibilities of host employers and staffing agencies for the safety and health of temporary workers. This training can occur at the worksite or at one of Waubonsee’s four campus locations.
This training includes:
- highly-qualified and credentialed workplace safety trainers
- host employer and staffing agencies participation in one three-hour session
- OSHA-approved training, resources, and materials
- temporary worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA
- joint responsibility of the staffing agency and the host employer for temporary worker safety and health
- training temporary workers in a language and vocabulary that can be understood
- hazard recognition and communication
This training accompanies the four-hour Basic Safety Training for Temporary Workers.
For more information, call (630) 906-4152 or email WFD@waubonsee.edu.
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-27685-15-60-F-17 from OSHA. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. The WCC Harwood Training Project is wholly funded by a grant from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor.