APICS CPIM Courses
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program provides you with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company's global operations. The topics cover everything inside an organization's four walls.
An APICS CPIM education is essential if you are involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Materials management
An APICS CPIM designation will help you:
- increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- maximize ROI on the systems and technologies within your organization
- master the tools you need to effectively manage global supply chain activities
- gain knowledge to apply principles of ERP software to cover various critical functions within your organization
- earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
- enhance your credibility within your organization
- create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate-wide communication
The ideal APICS CPIM program candidate:
- is seeking validation or accreditation for future career growth.
- has two or more years of experience in the field.
- No bachelor's degree is required.
In order to achieve this certification, you take five classes offered through Waubonsee and then must pass five related exams administered through APICS testing centers. The five Waubonsee courses are:
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Strategic Management of Resources
The approximate costs for the CPIM Certification:
|Item||Cost||Qty Needed||Paid To|
Tuition and fees for courses
|$500 per course||5 courses||WCC|
|Exam fee||$145 (APICS Members) or
$175 (non-members) per exam
|5 exams||APICS testing center|
$100 (APICS Members) or
|5 class participant guide texts, plus 1 dictionary||Can be ordered through APICS online shop at www.apics.org|