If you plan your courses with a counselor, you should be able to transfer your Waubonsee credits just about anywhere. However, we have entered into specific agreements and partnerships with certain four-year schools and programs to make it easier for our graduates to move on and earn a bachelor’s degree.
Waubonsee has articulation agreements and partnerships with the following schools:
- Northern Illinois University, in partnership with Waubonsee. Programs include health and human services, liberal arts and sciences, nursing and industrial technology.
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale accepts the Associate in Applied Science degree in Automotive Technology. Students completing the AAS at Waubonsee, if having met the admission requirements for SIU Carbondale, will be considered for acceptance into the Bachelor of Science in Automotive Technology program.
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville accepts the Associate in Arts and Science degrees, ensuring that all students wishing to transfer to UW-Plattevilie will have met all university general education requirements.
- Western Illinois University offers the online completion of the Board of Trustees Bachelor of Arts degree, a program for adult students which allows students to design their program to meet individual educational goals.
- Aurora University provides a means for students to be simultaneously admitted to Waubonsee and Aurora University. This agreement is designed to simplify the process of degree completion for students who wish to begin at Waubonsee and continue at AU. When jointly admitted, a student will work with advisors at both Waubonsee and Aurora to plan courses for maximum transferability, and will be able to enter Aurora University after completing the Waubonsee degree without going through any further admission process.
- Columbia College-Missouri accepts Waubonsee's AA, AS, and AES as satisfying all of their general education requirements. CC-M offers bachelor degrees at their campus location at Elgin Community College, as well as online. Degrees are offered in business administration, criminal justice administration, interdisciplinary studies and psychology.
- Franklin University combines on-campus Waubonsee classes with online courses through Franklin. Students can major in accounting, applied management, business administration, computer science, digital technology, management, management information systems and public safety management.
- Judson University allows students to transfer 88 hours of completed coursework for those entering a Bachelor of Arts degree program in the Center for Adult Professional Studies program. Students transferring to Judson University who have completed the Associate in Arts or the Associate in Science will have satisfied all Judson University general education requirements.
- DeVry University accepts all AAS degrees, regardless of technical or applied content, as a block of credit into DeVry's Bachelor of Science in technical management (BSTM) program. The degree is offered entirely online.
- Kaplan University allows for the transfer of credits into the Advanced Start Bachelor program (for students who have earned associate degrees). Universal Degree plans are customized to each individual student and their individual goals, and up to 45 credits can be awarded for work/life experience.
- University of Phoenix accepts all credit from associate degrees, subject to program limitations.
DePaul Admission Partnership Program - You can transfer up to 66 semester hours to DePaul University and must transfer within three years for degree requirements to remain the same. Students are encouraged to complete the associate degree.
Governors State University Dual Degree Program - To qualify for the DDP, you must be a full time Waubonsee student who has completed 12-45 credit hours, and is in good academic standing. Students must complete their associate degree in five or fewer semesters (plus summers) and plan to pursue a bachelor's degree immediately after graduating from Waubonsee Community College.
Northern Illinois University Reverse Transfer - NIU students who transferred from Waubonsee without associate degrees are able to earn the two-year degree using credit from NIU courses.
Roosevelt University - The Dual Degree Program (DDP) with Waubonsee Community College is an innovative pathway for students to earn an associate degree at Waubonsee and a bachelor's degree at Roosevelt.