Example DegreeMajor Code: AS40Associate in ScienceArea of Concentration: Special Education
This is ONLY an EXAMPLE. If you intend to transfer, check early with your transfer school and Counseling to ensure you're meeting ALL requirements. Transfer schools may vary in their requirements.
- College Requirements
- General Education Requirements37
- Recommendations include:
Note: For specific course requirements or recommendations consult with Counseling.
NOTE: Because of teacher certification requirements, transfer school requirements and WCC graduation requirements, meet with a counselor as soon as you declare education as your intended major. Note the following:
- Many transfer institutions require attendance at an informational meeting prior to enrollment in a school of education.
- Students must successfully complete the ICTS Basic Skills Test before being admitted into most schools of education in Illinois.
- Some transfer institutions require documentation of previous work with special populations.
- Students planning to major in special education at Northern Illinois University need to contact the university's special education undergraduate advisor no later than one year prior to their admission to ensure clinical placement. Failure to do so may result in a delay of registration for the initial block sequence of courses needed for the degree.