Dunham Fund Quick Path Degree Program
Earn your associate degree in just one year — tuition-free!
Funded by a $500,000 grant from the Aurora-based Dunham Fund, this innovative, accelerated program provides the coursework and extra support necessary for students to earn a fully transferable associate degree (with a business emphasis) in just one year — all tuition-free. Courses run in eight-week blocks and are delivered in both the traditional face-to-face format, as well as a hybrid style that combines face-to-face meetings with online instruction.
In order to maximize chances for success and allow a true focus on studies, Dunham Quick Path students will receive:
- free tuition and textbooks
- an allowance
- a computer
- structured support
- Possess a high level of commitment and motivation to complete this accelerated degree.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate college readiness through a minimum 3.0 high school grade point average (GPA requirement waived if out of high school for more than three years) and placement in college-level courses. Learn more about course placement at Waubonsee.
- Indicate interest in using the associate degree to transfer to a four-year school and earn a bachelor's degree or enter the workforce.
- Live within the Dunham Fund service area, defined as the geography bounded on the north by Illinois State Route 38 and on the south by U.S. Route 34; on the east by Illinois State Route 59 and on the west by Illinois State Route 47.
- Be eligible for Waubonsee Community College's in-district tuition. See Residency Requirements for more information.
Dunham Fund Project Manager