Waubonsee Math Circle
If you're a high school student who eats and breathes mathematics, this is the group for you.
What It Is
Led by Waubonsee math faculty, Math Circle is a weekly meeting of students aged 10 to 18 who enjoy mathematics and who want the added challenge of learning exciting topics outside of the standard math curriculum.
Topics We'll Explore
The topics will be different each week. In the past, we have covered:
- Nim and Impartial Games
- Hackenbush and Number Games
- Tesseracts and the Fourth Dimension
- Numbers and Sums of Squares
- How Sound Works: Fourier Series
Currently under consideration for this semester include:
- Fractals and Fractal Dimension
- Color Space and Seeing Impossible Colors
- Cryptography and Number Theory
- Probability and Card Games
- Chaos and the Logistic Equation
- Linear Algebra and Predicting March Madness
Fall 2016 Meeting Details
Fridays, September 23, 30 and October 7, 14, 21, 28
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Bodie Hall, Room 245
Sugar Grove Campus
Registration is appreciated by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your expected attendance dates. There is no mandatory tuition for the math circle but donations will be accepted to cover food costs if attendance is high.
(630) 466-7900, ext. 6818