It is the intent of the WCC Automotive Technology Scholarship Program to:
- Recognize and financially assist well deserving automotive students.
- Promote the image of the professional automotive service industry.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of students in automotive training programs
Students are eligible to apply for the WCC Automotive Technology Scholarship if they are:
- A current student of the Waubonsee Automotive Technology training program.
The WCC Automotive Technology Scholarship award for a day student consists of a framed certificate and a one time $500 stipend. The scholarship award is to be applied toward tuition, fees, and other incurred costs through the college in the form of credit and/or voucher.
The WCC Automotive Technology Scholarship award for a night student consists of a framed certificate and a one time two $200 stipend. The scholarship award is to be applied toward tuition, fees, and other incurred through the college in the form of credit and/or voucher.
Selection and Awarding Procedure:
- The automotive faculty will select an appropriate application deadline and post it to inform eligible students of this scholarship award.
- Interested students who meet the eligibility requirements must complete an application form and submit it to their automotive instructor by the posted deadline.
- The automotive faculty will then:
- Evaluate the applicants and nominate a single deserving candidate.
- Complete Scholarship Faculty Nominating Form on the behalf of the candidate.
- Present award to the WCC Student.
The selected student will be invited to attend scholarship reception along with their parents/spouse or special guests. During the reception, the student will be acknowledged and awarded the framed certificate.
Sponsorship of Program:
Sponsorship of the WCC Automotive Technology Program will follow these guidelines:
- Sponsorship in any dollar amount will be sent to the WCC Foundation board to be deposited into the WCC Automotive Technology Department fund.