The views and opinions expressed on these pages are those of the developer and not necessarily those of Waubonsee Community College, its Trustees, or its administration.
I was the first President of Geo2YC, in 2011 -2012, a Division of the National Association of Geoscience Teachers (NAGT).
Our Mission statement
Geo2YC, an organization within the National Association of Geoscience Teachers, exists to provide:
• a forum for exchanging ideas, concerns, resources, and information about two-year college geoscience programs
• a network for full-time and part-time/adjunct faculty to improve geoscience instruction at two-year colleges and comparable undergraduate instruction at four-year institutions
• a vehicle for making recommendations to the NAGT Council and membership on activities of special interest and benefit to two-year college geoscience faculty, staff, administrators, and students
• curricular and technological pathways that will produce successful geoscience majors, qualified geoscience technicians, and geoscience-literate citizens.
• collaboration and support for research in two-year college geoscience education.
• a focal point for communication and advocacy for two-year college geoscience education within NAGT and with other professional organizations
Please contact me if you want more informaiton, or would like to join the Geo2YC Division.