The views and opinions expressed on these pages are those of the developer and not necessarily those of Waubonsee Community College, its Trustees, or its administration.
Awards, Honors, Publications, Presentations
Honors & Awards
- ICTCM Executive Steering Committee, 2011, 2012
- Co-chair, ICTCM 2010
- Waubonsee TRIO Certificate of Appreciation, 2004, 2010
- ILCCO Course Development Grant, 2002
- ISMAA Project NExT, 2001-2002
- Northern Illinois University Math Department Excellence in Teaching Award, 2001
Publications & Presentations
- Kamenev-type and interval oscillation criteria for second-order linear differential equations on a measure chain, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 294 (2004), with Dr. Q. Kong.
- New Kamenev-type oscillation criteria for second-order differential equations on a measure chain, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 50 (2005), with Dr. Q. Kong.
- Contributor, Adjunct Support Manual to accompany Bittinger/Beecher/Ellenbogen/Penna College Algebra: Graphs and Models 3e, Algebra and Trigonometry: Graphs and Models 3e, and Precalculus: Graphs and Models 3e.
- Presenter, WCC Assest Earth Series 2014, "Fractals in Nature".
- Presenter, ICTCM 2003, "Can you hear me?" a presentation about my experience using HorizonLive.
- Presenter, Illinois Online Conference 2003, "Synchronous Online Teaching Using HorizonLive at Waubonsee Community College".
- Facilitator, Waubonsee Community College, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology workshops:
- Integrating Technology in College Teaching
- Social Software
- Happiness Is...Freeware
- New Faculty Learning Academy
- Preparing Students for the Online Environment
- Enhancing WebCT Online Learning (with Dave Schmutz)
- WebCT: RSS Feeds, Wikis, and Blogs (with Dave Schmutz)
- mywcc and Your Course Shell
- mywcc Navigation
- mywcc Course Studio
- Using MyMathLab/MathXL
- Creating a Personal Learning Network